Section 213 of the Nigerian Constitution 1999
Section 213 of the Nigerian Constitution 1999 is under A (National Population Census) of Part III (Supplemental) of Chapter VI (The Executive) of the constitution.
(1) Any report of the National Population Commission containing the population census after every census
shall be delivered to the President by the Chairman of the commission .
(2) The President shall within a period of thirty days after receipts of the report lay copies of the report before the
Council of State, which shall consider the report and advise the President whether to accept it or reject it.
(3) Where the Council of State advises the President to accept the report, the President shall accept the same and
shall then lay the report on the table of each House of the National Assembly.
(4) Where the President accept such report and has laid it on the table of each House of the National Assembly he
shall publish it in the official Gazette of the Government of the Federation for public information.
(5) Where the Council of State advises the president to reject upon the ground-
(a) that the population census contained in the report is inaccurate; or
(b) that the report is perverse,
the President shall reject the report accordingly and no reliance shall be placed upon any such report by any
authority or person or for any purpose what so ever.
Inioluwa Olaposi is a Law student at Obafemi Awolowo Universities, Ile-Ife, Nigeria. Before LawHub NG, he started publishing law-related posts on his former multi-niche website.